Lowongan Senior Project Officer- Catholic Relief Services is the official internationalhumanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS worksto save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief anddevelopment work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV,health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is looking Sr. Project Officer –Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse who has experience in protection programin emergency response and protection at organizational level.
As a leadfor the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse project team, you willfacilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating andreporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and adviceto staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS)work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationshipmanagement skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsibleapplies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of itsbenefits to those we serve.
CRS/Indonesia is currently hiring for Senior Project Officer Protection – JobCode: SPO to be based in Jakarta. This position will report to CountryManager.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Organize and lead the implementationof all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementationplan in line with CRS programquality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure learning properly accompaniesproject activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability throughcoordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in theirefforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges andreport any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans andimplementation schedules.
· Coordinateand oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serveas the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors andpromote project activities and impact.
· Supervise and perform ad-hocinspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensuretimely project activities implementation and adherence to established processstandards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for projectactivities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance toimplementing partner.
· Supportand coordinate capacity building and technicalsupport activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented perproject guidelines and standards.
· Coordinateprovision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure project documentation forassigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed peragency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of casestudies and promising practices
· Coordinate with the sub-regional Headof Programs and/or the global Project Coordinator in HRD in the development ofthe project DIP and regular project report.
· Bachelor’sDegree required. Degree in InternationalRelations or in the field of protection against sexual abuse andexploitation issues would be a plus.
· Minimum of 2years of work experience in projectsupport, ideally in the field of protection issues indevelopment programs and for an NGO.
· Additionaleducation may substitute for some experience; additional experience maysubstitute for some education.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Proficiency in English, both oral andwriting. (mandatory)
The Protectionproject will be implemented in Jakarta, North Sumatera, West Java, Central Java,Yogyakarta and East Nusa Tenggara areas. The SPO-Protection shall travel tothese areas to lead the implementation of the project activities with thetarget partner organizations in these areas. However, in the event of adisaster where CRS launches an emergency response, all CRS staff will berequired to support the response and may be deployed to the response areas asnecessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities(SKAs):
· Analysis and problem-solving skills withability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and theability to work closely with local partners
– Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
– Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
· Experienceworking with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Staffsupervision experience a plus.
· Experiencemonitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Experienceusing MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
***OurCatholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. CatholicRelief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United Statesto assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staffpeople of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and ourcommitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processesand policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerableadults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment toprotecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an EqualOpportunity Employer
Only applications that meet the above qualifications will be shortlisted. All applications and CVs should be sent by email to CRS Indonesia at [email protected] before or by December 15th, 2019, with the Job Code in the subject.
“Onlyshort-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview