Lowongan IT Officer – USAID Membuka lowongan terbarudengan posisi IT Officer for LAPOR, berikut informasi resmi dari USAID.
VacancyTerms of Reference
Position : IT Officer for LAPOR!
Required Task : 18
Languages Required : English & Bahasa Indonesia
Duration of Contract : December 2018 – June 2019
Working Period : 60 days
The Government of Indonesia (GOI) manages a number of social welfare programs, such as programs to provide electricity subsidies, food assistance for marginalized segments of society, social security programs through the Indonesia Health Card (KIS) and Indonesia Smart Card (KIP), and the Village Fund program. To ensure that all of these programs run smoothly, the government needs an effective feedback mechanism to link beneficiaries and bureaucrats, and to link government officials in the field with those in the central government. While this feedback mechanism takes on a crucial role in directing social welfare programming, is also has broader applications for the GOI’s entire public service portfolio.
As such, Presidential Regulation (Perpres) No. 76/2013 on Public Service Management System, established SP4N-LAPOR! as an integrated public complaints management system. SP4N-LAPOR! has since been used as the official platform to handle complaints about public services. USAID CEGAH has supported important developments of the LAPOR! application, including a comprehensive upgrade from version 2.0 to version 3.0. Through a number of feature enhancements, and an overhaul of the underlying database structure, the new system is expected to be capable of handling a much larger number of complaints. Currently, there are 777.036 active users, and institutional accounts for 958 government agencies (548 local government, 34 ministries, 56 non-structural institutions, 116 state own enterprises, 130 public and private universities, and 130 foreign affairs representatives.
The upgraded system is also expected to be able to provide access to a greater number of simultaneous users, along with improvements in data visualization, agency structure data management, and independent user management by each agency. To date, the development of LAPOR! version 3.0 has completed, and will be launched in early 2019.
During FY 2019, USAID CEGAH will continue to support the implementation of LAPOR! by commissioning an overall review of version 3.0, including aspects of user-friendliness, security, and also the readiness of the application to be used nationally. To follow up on the findings of the review, CEGAH will also support the development of version 3.1, which will add features to oversee the Village Funds program, to integrate LAPOR! with the Ombudsman RI’s case management system, SIMPeL, and to accommodate additional operational needs.
At the same time, USAID CEGAH will continue to support the LAPOR! transition process from KSP to KemenPAN-RB. Whereas the project’s previous support focused on LAPOR!’s operational aspects, future support will focus on its more technical aspects. In regards to this transition phase, KSP and KemanPAN-RB need an IT expert to ensure that the LAPOR! application (either version 2 or version 3) can continue to run smoothly during this transition.. This expert is also needed to oversee maintenance, system integration mechanisms, and improvements to the user experience. To carry out this work, USAID CEGAH intends to hire an IT Officer in order to support this transitional process. This IT Officer will be responsible for leading an IT Developer to enhance LAPOR!, especially its capacity to receive and process complaints. The IT Officer and IT Developer will also work side-by-side with the contractor selected to develop LAPOR! version 3.1.
This project is to ensure that the following technical aspects of LAPOR! are well managed:
1. Maintenance and refinement of the existing system
2. Development Plan and Feature Requests
3. Data management
4. Non-functional (IT infrastructure, human resources, etc.)
5. Other duties as assigned
Currently, two versions of the LAPOR! application are running (version 2.0 and version 3.0). While LAPOR! version 3.0 is undergoing final adjustments before its launch, LAPOR! version 2.0 remains the main version in use by government agencies. In this regard, the IT Officer will be responsible for maintaining version 2.0, and serve as a technical counterpart to manage server operations during the data migration process from version 2.0 to 3.0, as executed by VhiWeb.
The IT Coordinator will manage an IT Developer in order to ensure that both versions of SP4N-LAPOR! function as designed, the transition between the two is executed smoothly, and that needs for future features are identified and adequately planned.
B. Scope of Work:
1. Maintenance and refinement of the existing system ( 20 Days )
SP4N-LAPOR! is an online application, therefore, it and the server it runs on require maintenance to ensure it remains available 24/7. The IT Officer must able to deliver the following results:
a. Operations to minimize downtime affecting SP4N-LAPOR! version 2.0 and version 3.0 and to rapidly recover functionality following an outage
b. SP4N-LAPOR! is able to handle exponential growth
c. SP4N-LAPOR! bug finding and fixing
As such, the IT Officer’s scope of work will cover:
d. Ensuring the server’s 24/7 functionality
e. Creation of back-ups of the system, and ensuring an ability to restore the system in case of a crash or malicious attack with minimal downtime.
f. Coordination with the vendors selected to develop SP4N-LAPOR! version 3.0 and 3.1
g. Identification of bugs in the system, and direct the efforts of the IT developer to fix the bugs.
h. Periodically check and report on the non-functional aspects of LAPOR! (including the adequacy of infrastructure resources, security, and human resources)
2. Development Plan and Feature Requests ( 5 days)
As with any system, it is difficult to fully anticipate each and every user need during the design and development phases. Therefore, LAPOR! needs a way to gather input on incremental improvements and feature requests from its users. The IT Officer will create a system to receive and prioritize feature requests from LAPOR! admin users, and will lead efforts to deliver solutions to top-priority requests.
At the same time, the IT Officer is expected to also perform some functions as a systems analyst in order to identify needs that may have gone unreported but would nonetheless constitute important improvements to the system.
· A new system is available to gather and rank feature requests
· Development plan for new SP4N-LAPOR! features
· Specific project plans for top feature requests
· Project management board
Scope of Work:
· Create a system to gather and rank feature requests from LAPOR! admin users
· Create a development plan to deliver new features
· Manage the creation of these new features by breaking requests down into their respective technical requirements and development tasks, and coordinate on the assignment of those tasks to either the IT Developer, or the vendors tasked with development of SP4N-LAPOR! versions 3.0 or 3.1.
· Establish timelines for feature development tasks, and ensure they are completed accordingly.
· Prepare/revise system documentation for every feature that will be developed
· Provide recommendations on additional developments/features for SP4N-LAPOR!
2. Supporting integration with the SP4N-LAPOR! system (20 days)
To make LAPOR! a one-stop national complaint handling system, the application needs to be integrated with the local complaint handling channels that many government institutions have already developed. In LAPOR! version 2.0, this integration has been handled through an API. However, as version 3.0 was developed, the underlying database was completely overhauled in order to enhance performance. As a consequence, the accompanying API — which allows for the integration of mobile apps and independently developed complaint handling systems — also needs to be updated to reflect new field and table names.
Local governments have often struggled to integrate their independent systems with SP4N-LAPOR! despite the obvious advantages doing so would offer. Therefore, the IT Officer is expected to summarize these challenges, create easy-to-understand documentation to explain the integration process to non-technical audiences, and to provide technical documentation for the API and the API key generation process for technical developers.
Scope of work:
· Identify common problems GOI entities have faced in the integration process
· Create FAQ or other general guidance document to address those common challenges in integration with SP4N-LAPOR!
· Coordinate with GOI institutions to address questions regarding integration with SP4N-LAPOR!
· Work with the IT Developer to fix bugs and add minor features to the API version 2.0 to support integration efforts
· To create API version 3..0, and maintain backwards compatibility with 2.0
· As part of API 3.0, the IT Officer is also expected to create/enable a system for the automated creation of API keys, without the need for static IP addresses, in order to enable the accelerated integration of independent complaint handling systems.
3. Assist the GOI to coordinate with SMS providers to improve the system
SP4N-LAPOR! is currently supported by a company to handle both incoming and outbound SMS traffic to a variety of mobile providers, such as Telkomsel, Indosat, XL, etc). These SMS messages form the bulk of the current traffic on the system and are therefore of vital importance. The IT Officer needs to coordinate with the SMS gateway provider to ensure constant functionality and explore potential improvements.
· The connection from the SMS provider is always active and highly reliable
· The engine which translates SMS messages into LAPOR! complaints maintains the privacy of personally identifying information
Scope of Work:
· Coordinate with the SMS gateway provider to ensure the SMS service is always active
· Coordinate with the SMS gateway provider in case errors occur
· Ensure SP4N-LAPOR! is properly receiving complaints from the SMS gateway
4. Data Management ( 10 days)
The SP4N-LAPOR! generates a significant amount of data that can be analyzed to identify the need for adaptations and adjustments in government policy. The IT Officer plays a crucial role with regard to data management and analysis, by proactively identifying new trends in complaint data, and by responding to requests for custom analysis or analytical reports. Where current database structures impose restrictions on the ability to generate useful, timely analysis, the IT Officer is expected to propose and execute revisions to the database, in coordination with key stakeholders.
In order to further support analytical needs, the IT Officer will create a data warehouse to optimize query performance without affecting the responsiveness of the main SP4N-LAPOR! database.
· Custom reports and data visualizations are produced as needed by key stakeholders
· Database revisions are implemented as needed to support analytical needs
Scope of Work:
· Learn the current SP4N-LAPOR! Database Structure
· Prepare data or reports to respond to requests from key stakeholders
· Improve the current SP4N-LAPOR! Database if needed
· Create a data warehouse for SP4N-LAPOR!
5. Other tasks as assigned
The IT Officer will collaborate with the respective SP4N-LAPOR! stakeholders, namely KemenPAN-RB, Kantor Staf Presiden, Ombudsman RI, and the USAID CEGAH complaint handling consultant for the improvement of this application.
The IT Officer may be asked to take on additional tasks as identified by these key stakeholders in order to improve the system.
1. Monthly reports on the operations of SP4N-LAPOR!
2. List of bugs discovered and their solutions
3. Periodic reports on adequacy of IT infrastructure, security, and human resources aspects of the SP4N-LAPOR! system
4. System for collection and ranking of feature requests
5. Development plan for and completion of new features
6. Revised system documentation for SP4N-LAPOR!, including documentation for new features created
7. Integration FAQ
8.. API 3.0 and supporting technical documentation
9. Custom data reports, as requested
10. Data management report, including the creation of the data warehouse
11. Final report
1. A professional with at least 5 years of experience in IT project management
2. An understanding of project management methods (Agile preferred)
3. A technical understanding of PHP programming language; PHP framework (Especially OctoberCMS, Laravel and Code Igniter), MySQL, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
4. Knowledge of other programming languages a plus
5. A demonstrated understanding of server operating systems (Ubuntu)
6. Previous management/supervisory experience required.
Application should include a CV (including three references) and contact information by November 24, 2018 at the latest. Please send applications to email@example.com Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.