Millennium Challenge Account – Indonesia (MCA-Indonesia) is a trustee institution that represents the Government of Indonesia to implement a five-year (2013-2018) Millennium Challenge Corporation’s Compact Program, a major pillar of the United States-Indonesia Comprehensive Partnership and the largest single pledge made by the United States to Indonesia to date.
MCA-Indonesia has three projects under Compact Program: Green Prosperity [GP], Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting [CHNP] and Procurement Modernization [PM]. Our projects are designed, managed and implemented by Indonesians, for the Indonesian people. Our most important development work happens where it should be: the districts and the villages.
Our goal is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our program is country-driven, reform-centered, and results-focused in order to maximize its effectiveness and long-term sustainability.
To reach the goal, MCA-Indonesia is seeking highly dynamic and deliverable-oriented professionals for a better Indonesia :
Social and Gender Assessment (SGA) Project Specialist for CHNP and PM Project
The Social & Gender Assessment (SGA) Project Specialist will provide support for SGA team on substantive inputs to the gender integration activity implementation under the Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting (CHNP) and Procurement Modernization (PM). The SGA Project Specialist will also support the planning, implementation and Monitoring of SGIP in the respective projects and other SGA activities, and events.
SGA CHNP and PM Project Specialist will report to the SGA Director. S/he will work closely with the Nutrition and PM team, its contractors and subcontractors, government counterparts and key-stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to implement and monitor MCA Indonesia Social and Gender Integration Plan (SGIP) activities under Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting (Nutrition) and Procurement Modernization (PM), including preparing for quarterly and annual work plan, providing inputs to SGA Procurement Plan and Quarterly Disbursement Request (QDR)
· Plan, draft TORs and support the recruitment of Nutrition and PM gender consultants and contractors and ensure quality and timely deliverables of consultants and contractors
· Provide technical review to consultants and contractors reports, and help in finalizing the reports.
· Conduct regular field supervision of Nutrition and PM project activities, to assess as well as support social and gender integration at field levels. Write trip reports, and once reviewed and cleared by SGA Director, share reports with Nutrition and PM teams.
· Build partnership and coordination with Ministry of Village, Underdeveloped Region and Transmigration, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection, Lembaga Kebijakan Pengadaan Barang Jasa Pemerintah (LKPP), PNPM Support Facility (PSF), World Bank and other relevant stakeholders for the implementation of SGIP in Nutrition and Procurement Modernization (PM) Project