World Neighbors (WN) is an international non-governmental, non-profit development agency (NGO), working in Oecusse Region, Timor-Leste, which works through local partners to inspire people and strengthen communities to find lasting solutions to hunger, poverty and disease, and promote a healthy environment.
WN is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Organizational Development Consultant (ODC), to build the capacity of 3 local NGO partners andmultiple community-based organizations (CBOs) who will be implementing WN’s country program in Timor-Leste.
This is a part-time position, starting in August/September 2015 and finishing in April 2018. A tentative schedule would be for the ODC to spend 10 working days each quarter working with WN, the majority of which would be based in Oecusse. The exact schedule will be agreed upon between WN and the successful candidate.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct a complete organizational capacity assessment of WN’s 3 local partners in Oecusse Region.
• Based on the results of the assessments, develop and improve the partner’s organizational capabilities over the followingtwo and half years (until April 2018).
• Assist the WN Program Officers in theirdevelopment of the partner’s technical capabilities in the areas of WASH, community-based natural resource management, health, and disaster risk reduction.
• In close coordination with the local partners, build the capacity of target communities and community groups (CBOs).
• Identify the capacity-building needs of WN’s office, and work closely with the Program Manager in conducting staff trainings as required.
• Integrate gender sensitivity strategies into all capacity development strategies.
• Design effective tools to measure capacity and the impact of the capacity strategies.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in organizational development for NGOs.
• Proven experience in providing training and technical assistance to NGOs.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office software.
• Willingness to travel frequently within Oecusse Region (and possibility elsewhere in Timor-Leste).
• English language proficiency.
• Master’s degree in relevant subject.
• Experience working on USAID-funded programs.
• Experience working on WASH, natural resource management, health and DRR programs.
• Knowledge and experience of Timor-Leste, especially Oecusse Region.
• Tetum and Baikeno language proficiency.
WN will pay a daily rate in USD which will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. WN will also cover all accommodation, visa (if needed), flights (economy class), internal travel, and consumption costs while the ODC is traveling to/from, and in Oecusse. All home-office costs are to be covered by the ODC.
For a copy of the full Terms of Reference, please send an email request to email@example.com. Candidates interested in applying are asked to send an email with the title Organizational Development Consultant, containing 1) A cover letter, 2) Expected daily rate in USD, and 3) A current CV with at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that copies of IDs, certificates, passports, etc. are notrequired). The deadline for all applications is 21st August2015. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.