NAKERJA.NET – Fauna & Flora International, founded in 1903, works to save wildlife in over 40 countries over 5 continents. Its Indonesia program (FFI-IP), established in 2010, is well known as a leading institution in Indonesia wildlife conservation.
The goal FFI-IP is to conserve Indonesia’s wildlife population and their habitat. Since it was initiated, the FFI-IP has been making significant contributions to wildlife contributions in Indonesia by providing advisory assistance on Indonesia conservation issues.
It’s leading roles in science-based wildlife conservation has been successfully achieved by implementing an integrated science-based conservation approach including pre-project scientific design, systematic data collection, data management, scientific-based data analysis, communicating conservation science through scientific reports and publications, and post project evaluation.
For years, the FFI-IP has been able to translate its scientific findings into effective conservation action through partnerships based on mutual trust and respect with government agencies, universities, local NGOs, and local communities.
FFI is currently having the widest conservation presence in Northern and Central Sumatra, mostly in protected areas and adjoining habitats. However, recent studies found that many non-protected areas in Sumatra still contain a high level of wildlife species richness.
FFI recognizesthe important of non-protected habitats for key wildlife species and is now working with relevant partners to strengthen its conservation measure in biodiversity-rich non-protected areas in Riau Province. Part of this activity is biodiversity survey in remotes area.
FFI-IP is seeking for qualified candidate to fill positions as survey coordinator for managing field team during these surveys.
- Lead the survey through planning, organizing and managing resources in delivering successful project goals.
- In several periods, performing updates and report to the project coordinator
- To be responsible for all finance and activity reporting under his/her responsibility within FFI standard protocol, written and verbal
- Has a bachelor degree in biology, ecology, forestry, conservation or relevant
- Have a minimum 3 years of work experience in the ecology survey
- Ability to multitask with conflicting priorities
- Ability to work with locals and related stakeholders with diverse cultural and background
- Have a strong leadership and have a substantial experience in the management of field expedition
- Committed to be able to work 3 to 4 months in remotes areas with very limited facilities
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
A qualified candidate shall send a cover letter, a short resume and expected salary to [email protected] only short-listed candidates will be notified. Your email should have a subject heading your proposed position (SC_your name).
Deadline: August 25, 2020.