JOB TITLE : GENDER INCLUSIVENESS and ADVOCACY SPECIALIST (GIA)
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/PfR
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER and ALLIANCE LEAD (PM)
Working under the PfR II Project Manager and Alliance Lead (PM), the Gender Inclusiveness and Advocacy Specialist (GIA) will be responsible for ensuring the integration of gender and marginalization into all aspects of PfR II implementation in Indonesia. This will include ensuring that the IRM dialogue strategy developed by the PM and by alliance partners includes analysis and presentation of gender specific issues and other issues relating to marginalization, and that gender and marginalized communities are considered in the stakeholder and power analysis.
The role will support the PM, Country Director and all other PfR staff, both in Jakarta and in Kupang, and as such will be a role requiring high levels of collaboration and communication.
The GIA will also be responsible for raising awareness of gender and inclusiveness with alliance partners, and provide advice and support to partners in the application of gender aLowongan kerja Gender INclusiveness and advocacynd the inclusion of marginalized communities across their advocacy activities.
Baca juga lowongan kerja care terbaru 2016 lainnya
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
a. Streamlining inclusiveness in program design and implementation;
b. Research and data capture, analysis and dissemination;
c. Capacity building and others.
1. Master Degree in Gender studies, Development, Social Science or other relevant field;
2. At least 8 years of experience managing complex projects and work with government agencies and building partnerships with NGOs or other civil society organizations that focus on gender issues;
3. Experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a community-based project;
4. Ability to manage team work to achieve certain targets by delegating the works effectively and creating an environment in which the individuals are highly motivated;
5. Relevant knowledge and/or experience in disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and ecosystem management restoration;
6. Experience in participatory planning and review techniques;
7. Ability to develop and maintain effective and frequent communication which is critical for keeping the project moving, identifying potential problems, soliciting suggestions to improve project performance;
8. An understanding of gender issues and gender-sensitive approach to programming;
9. Capacity building, communication and facilitation skills;
10. Willingness to travel to remote locations;
11. Strong interpersonal skills;
12. Ability to work with little supervision;
13. Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a cross cultural environment;
14. Familiarity with CARE systems;
15. Practical computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.);
16. Experience of the asset based approach (appreciative inquiry);
17. Experience working in NTT or eastern Indonesia region;
18. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
19. Fluently spoken and written English.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before Saturday February 27, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”