Lowongan GIS Consultant WRI – WRI Indonesia membuka lowongan kerja terbaru sebagai GIS Consultant, berikut informasi resmi dari WRI Indonesia tentang lowongan ini :
WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
WRI Indonesia seeks a full-time consultant for one of its flagship project: the Riau One Map project within the Forests Program. This project seeks to facilitate and accelerate the development of a unified, accurate, official, and up-to-date geospatial database with associated social and economic data of Riau province. The goal is to support government of Indonesia’s commitment to implement low-emission development strategies in dealing with climate change mitigation and adaptation plan. The work includes but not limited to identification of land use management key stakeholders and initiatives in Riau, creating problem inventory list of stakeholders’ main issues and concerns in relation to land use management, facilitating the implementation of sustainability pledges made by companies, as well as the recognition of community and indigenous rights as mandated by Indonesian Constitution. Riau is selected as the focus province given its significant land-based emission and the province’s infamous reputation associated with tenurial and social conflicts rooted in unsustainable land use.
This is an excellent position for someone seeking to implement their GIS knowledge to real on the ground project, transparency and management of data and map, gain knowledge of Indonesian national environmental policy, and experience working across teams within an international environmental organization.
The main responsibility of this position will be to develop geospatial data baseline including analyzing and consolidating existing data and maps as baseline geospatial data to produce Gap Typology Report and “State of Data” Report. The selected person will gain experience in the following areas:
- Working with, organizing and analyzing spatial data including metadata
- Spatial analysis
- Spatial data management
- Spatial data quality assessment
- Reports generation
- Conducting research
- Land use change and management in Indonesia (specifically in Riau)
- Contributing to blogs
The successful candidate will be someone looking to gain significant experience in land use information management and improving forest governance – particularly through the use of GIS and remote sensing technologies in Indonesia specifically in Riau. Related work or experience in the environment or international development fields strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, environmental science, natural resource management, forestry, GIS or a related field required;
- Proficiency in processing spatial data using GIS software (e.g., ArcGIS);
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience in writing reviews or reports;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong inter-personal skills, working with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- High attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly responsible and self-motivated;
- Well organised and efficient.
- Master’s degree;
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing technologies;
- Proficiency in graphics software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator) with an ability to produce high quality maps for publication;
- Excellent writing skills; and
- Experience in land use planning, forest management or wildlife conservation.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online at https://careers.wri.org/searchresults.asp?lang=en All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.